* Once Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is enabled on your account, you will be signed out from all Microsoft apps like Teams, Outlook, etc. in all your devices. What you need to do is re-authenticate your account after setting up the MFA.
* Since not all mobile phones support multi-factor authentication, you will need to download the Outlook Mobile app for you to access your emails on your mobile device after MFA is setup. For the steps, kindly refer to this link – Setup Outlook for iOS and Android or reach out to EzyNode Tech Support Team for assistance.
* The MFA soft token app expires every 90 days. This means if you are using the desktop version of Outlook, MS Teams, etc. you will ONLY be prompted by Microsoft to approve your sign-in using the Microsoft Authenticator app after 3 months. But if you log in to your account for the said applications via any web browser, you will have to approve it in the Microsoft Authenticator app EVERY TIME.
Device Compatibilty Requirement:
iPhone - iOS 12.0 or later
iPad - iPadOS 12.0 or later
iPod Touch - iOS 12.0 or later
Android - 6.0 and up
How to find the version of iOS used on a device iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) - https://helpdesk.4siteit.com.au/a/solutions/articles/19000136622
How to check what version of Android your phone is running - https://helpdesk.4siteit.com.au/a/solutions/articles/19000136593
The EzyNode Tech Support Team will enable the Multifactor Authentication on your account prior to you performing the steps below.
1. On your mobile device, open the Play Store and install Microsoft Authenticator. Please note that Google Authenticator will not work with this process.
2. When apps like Outlook and Teams are opened on your mobile device, you will be prompted to sign back in to your Microsoft 365 work account. After you choose Sign in, you'll be prompted for more information. Click Next.
3. In the Additional security verification page, choose Authentication phone from the dropdown list and select Send me a code by text message among the two options. Click on Next.
4. Wait for Microsoft to send you the verification code via SMS. Enter the code in the designated box. Click on Verify.
5. Hit Finished once complete.
6. If an error message appears saying that the authorization process was incomplete, Microsoft will ask you to verify your account.
7. Please choose Text for the verification method. You would then receive a code via SMS. Enter the code in the space given then click Verify. You should be able to use the Microsoft apps now.
* The EzyNode Tech Support Team will guide you through this process and assist you should any issue occur during the MFA setup.