Your calendar in Teams is connected to your Exchange calendar. In other words, when you schedule a meeting in Outlook, it'll show up in Teams, and vice versa. Every meeting scheduled in Teams is automatically made into an online meeting.
There are several ways to schedule a meeting in Teams:
1. Select Schedule a meeting in a chat (below the box where you type a new message) to book a meeting with the people in the chat.
2. Go to Calendar on the left side of the app. You will be given two options: “Meet Now” and “New Meeting”. Select New meeting in the top right corner.In the “New Meeting” button, you will be given two options: Schedule a meeting or a live even.
3. If you select “Schedule meeting”, a scheduling form will pop open. You can then select a range of times in the calendar. The scheduling form is where you'll give your meeting a title, invite people, and add meeting details. Use the Scheduling Assistant to find a time that works for everyone. 4. If you select the live event, a scheduling form for the live event will also pop open. Just do the same previously mentioned.
Once you're done filling out the details, select Save. This will close the scheduling form and send an invite to everyone's Outlook inbox.
- For the “Meet Now” Option, you will be directed to this page where you can set your audio and video settings for the meeting. Once you are done, click the join meeting. How to Generate Meeting from the Outlook Calendar
1. Open your Microsoft Outlook and go to Calendar. Select New Teams Meeting.
2. A scheduling form will pop open. Fill in the appropriate fields. (add participants, set date/time etc) and then click Send.