How to Schedule a Meeting in Zoom
Modified on: Tue, 26 Oct, 2021 at 11:57 AM
- Open your Zoom client and sign in to Zoom.
- Click on the Schedule icon.
This will open the scheduler window.
- Select your meeting settings. Note that some of these options might not be available if they were disabled and locked to the off position at the account or group level.
- Topic: Enter a topic or name for your meeting.
- Date & Time:
- Start: Select a date and time for your meeting. You can start your meeting at any time before the scheduled time. You can also manually enter any time. For example, you can enter 15 in the minutes field to schedule a time with a 15-minute increment.
- Time Zone: By default, Zoom will use your computer's time zone. Click the drop-down menu to select a different time zone.
- Recurring meeting: Choose if you would like a recurring meeting (the meeting ID will remain the same for each session).
- Meeting ID
- Generate Automatically: Generate a random unique meeting ID.
- Personal Meeting ID*: Use your Personal Meeting ID.
- Passcode: Enter a meeting passcode. Joining participants will be required to input this before joining your scheduled meeting.
Note: The meeting passcode must meet complexity requirements set by your admin.
- Waiting Room: Enable Waiting Room for the meeting.
- Only authenticated users can join: Restrict access to the meeting so that only signed-in users can join.
Note: If you select Sign in to Zoom with specified domain, you can't add any domains that are included on the domain block list.
- Encryption: Choose between the standard Enhanced encryption (encryption keys stored in the cloud) and End-to-end encryption (encryption keys stored on your local device) for your meeting.
- Host: Choose if you would like the host's video on or off when joining the meeting. Even if you choose off, the host will have the option to start their video.
- Participants: Choose if you would like the participants' videos on or off when joining the meeting. Even if you choose off, the participants will have the option to start their video.
- Audio*: Allow users to call in using Telephone only, Computer Audio only, Both, or 3rd Party Audio (if enabled for your account).
- Dial in From: If Telephone or Both is enabled for this meeting, click Edit to select the dial-in countries to include in the invitation. By default, this includes your Global Dial-In Countries listed in your meeting settings.
- Calendar: Select a calendar service to add the meeting to and send out invites to participants.
- Outlook: Open the Outlook desktop app and create an event for the meeting.
Note: You will see Outlook when using the Windows client.
- iCal: Open iCal and create an event for the meeting.
Note: You will see iCal when using a macOS.
- Google Calendar: Open Google Calendar in your default browser and create an event for the meeting.
- Other Calendars: Open a new window, where the meeting text can be copied pasted into the user's preferred communication method. You can also down an ICS file which can be opened in most email applications.
- Advanced Options: Click on the arrow to view additional meeting options.
- Allow participants to join before the start time: Allow participants to join the meeting without you or before you join. The meeting will end after 40-minutes for Basic (free) users if 3 or more people join the meeting. If enabled, you can also choose how far in advance of the scheduled start time you wish them to be able to join: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, or Anytime.
- Mute participants on entry: If join the before host is not enabled, this will mute participants as they join the meeting. Participants can unmute themselves after joining the meeting.
Note: To mute all participants currently in a meeting, see the options to manage participants .
- Request permission to unmute participants: Participants will be prompted to provide the host with consent to be unmuted at will by the host. If declined, the host will still have the option to Ask to unmute.
- Automatically record meeting: Select if you want to record Locally (to your computer) or In the cloud.
- Approve or deny entry to users from certain regions and countries: Host can either allow only participants from specific counties/regions to join, or block all participants from specific counties/regions.
- Schedule for*: If you have scheduling priviledge for another user, you will be able to choose who you want to schedule for from the drop-down menu.
- Show in Public Event List: Add the meeting to a public calendar associated with your vanity URL.
- Alternative hosts: Enter the email address of another Zoom user who is Licensed, on your account to allow them to start the meeting in your absence.
- Interpretation (only supported in Windows and macOS clients)*: Enable language interpretation for the meeting.
- Click Save to finish, and open the selected calendar service to add the meeting.
- If you are scheduling a recurring meeting, you will need to set the recurrence in your calendar service.
- Choosing Other Calendars will allow you to copy and paste the scheduled meeting information such as date, time, and meeting URL.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.