A header is the top margin of each page, and a footer is the bottom margin of each page. Headers and footers are useful for including material that you want to appear on every page of a document such as your name, the title of the document, or page numbers. In this article we will discuss how to insert headers and footers.
1. Go to the Insert tab and click the desired option (Header/Footer)
2. Clicking either of these icons will display a dropdown menu with several options.
4. If you just want to add a simple header such as a title or your last name, you can choose the first option. This will bring the cursor into the header.
5. A new tab appears on the ribbon once you select a header just like the one below. The design tab allows you to change certain features of the header such as the header position and page number. And the same applies when you select a Footer.
6. Once you have added a header or a footer, you can change the text formatting of the header or footer the same way you would change formatting in the body of the document. For instance, if you want to center your header, you can go to the Home tab and select the center alignment icon in the paragraph group as pictured below.